Charges against two lockdown protestors have been dropped because pursuing them is “not in the public interest” – but the protestors may insist on going to court anyway so that the whole Covid lockdown debacle can be properly reviewed in a court of law.
The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has decided to discontinue its prosecution of two prominent Stroud activists, Marcus Blackett and Richard House, for allegedly breaking the Tier 4 lockdown regulations that were in force on January 9th 2021. The charge was that of “Participating in a gathering of more than two people in a public outdoor place in a Tier 4 area”. According to the CPS’s ‘Notice of Discontinuance’ dated February 14th 2023, this decision has been taken because “a prosecution is not needed in the public interest”. Marcus and Richard have the option of the case not being dropped, and are considering whether to go to court anyway so the important civil liberties issues surrounding their case fully aired in the public sphere.
In late 2020, the Stroud freedom group decided that something needed to be done locally for the sake of residents’ mental health, given the extreme coronavirus regulations. The U.K. Office for National Statistics was reporting a near doubling of rates of depression since the pandemic began.
In response to this crisis, half a dozen members of the group decided to start walking around Stroud wearing ‘Citizens’ Conversation’ sandwich-boards, inviting members of the public passing by to have a chat with them. Such excursions were made on a regular basis around Stroud town centre starting in November 2020. Marcus and Richard wished to offer their expertise to the people of their town – those who wished to engage with them – who were struggling mentally under the weight of the soul-crushing restrictions. They also wanted to protest against the imposition of the Covid regulations and to highlight that the ‘cure’ was worse than the disease.
On Saturday January 9th 2021, three group members were walking around Stroud town wearing ‘Citizens’ Conversation’ boards. Marcus and Richard were arrested near the High Street by an aggressive police officer “for breaking Coronavirus regulations” by holding an alleged “gathering”. When they were arrested, Richard was talking with a healthcare worker who was clearly upset at what was happening under lockdown and desperately needed someone to talk to.
Marcus and Richard were taken into custody and told they would receive a Fixed Penalty Notice and later a Summary Justice Procedure Notice. They decided to take a stand and challenged the notices. Following months of correspondence with the Chief Constable of Gloucestershire, they discovered, having not been notified of any trial date, that they had been convicted of the offence in absentia and saddled with criminal records and considerable fines.
Marcus and Richard then engaged the London solicitors Murray Hughman, who in October 2022 successfully applied for a re-trial, persuading the court to set aside the original convictions and fines and to reopen the case with a fresh trial ordered. In so doing, the court commented that the important and novel issues raised with regards to the interference with human rights might well be worthy of examination by the U.K. Supreme Court. Before the new trial took place, however, the CPS decided to drop the case, as described above.
The core concern with this case was the attack on civil liberties and common-law rights that this arrest exemplified, and Marcus and Richard hoped the court would draw a clear line in the sand so that in future the police would not be able to overreach their powers and encroach any further into what are increasingly fragile civil liberties.

Andrew Rootsey, criminal defence lawyer at Murray Hughman, said:
The frequently shifting sands of the Coronavirus regulations created substantial confusion, and saddled many well-intentioned citizens with criminal records and punitive fines. The legislation was rushed through Parliament, poorly drafted and ill-thought out. The regulations that were in place in January 2021 were completely inaccessible and opaque, and many, including the police and the courts, failed to understand or fully grasp them, leaving well-meaning people vulnerable to arbitrary and discriminatory decisions being made against them.
These convictions were appalling, unsettling and in my opinion plainly wrong. The response to criminalise two men with very real and reasonable concerns about the mental health implications upon the local community because of the draconian legislation passed is completely disproportionate. Moreover, contrary to public and often law enforcement understanding, the Coronavirus regulations never completely prohibited protesting, even during periods of national lockdown. The interference with Marcus and Richards’ fundamental human rights of freedom of expression and freedom of assembly cannot be said to be a proportionate response, given that both were engaging in legitimate protest.
Marcus Blackett said:
The Covid tier 1,2,3,4 regulations were opaque and confusing, and what still remains unclear is whether the right to protest was banned, because this is an unalienable right, and suspending it is illegal, unless expressly ordered by the Chief Constable. When the CCTV spotted our High Street protest, every other on-duty officer ignored it, all except for Sgt Garrett Gloyn who was in a village eight miles away at the time. I will be looking at laying charges if, indeed, it is the case that protests were not banned.
Richard House, a chartered psychologist, said:
Of course this is tremendous news for both ourselves and, more importantly, for the freedom movement more generally. Our only regret is that we won’t now have our day in court and the opportunity to have a full public airing of all the shenanigans surrounding Covid and its legion vicissitudes. Indeed, we suspect that this might well be the real reason for the CPS dropping the case – i.e., it was determined to obviate the embarrassment of the whole Covid psychodrama being publicly deconstructed in a court of law. There’s no doubt that our brilliant legal team would have driven a coach and horses through all of it – and the CPS knew it. We would like to thank both our solicitors, the London criminal law firm Murray Hughman, and also the many friends and supporters who generously supported our legal fund. Thanks also to the great freedom-loving publishing editors who supported our case – Toby Young, Simon Best, Tom Raines and Darren Smith. Thank you, one and all, for enabling this great blow for freedom and human rights to be struck.
To join in with the discussion please make a donation to The Daily Sceptic.
Profanity and abuse will be removed and may lead to a permanent ban.
“Bridgerton star Adjoa Andoh stuns ITV presenters by calling the Buckingham Palace balcony ‘terribly white’ during live Coronation coverage”
..And there is the truth. We are a white nation, with a white Royal Family. Who did she think we were going to crown, Lenny Henry..?
I’ve no idea who this woman is but I’m gonna stick my neck out and say she sounds like a right stupid cow. How to sound pig ignorant and embarrass yourself on live TV. Hope she gets all the flack she deserves as a result.
Well, thats how it seems to be. Its just racist and race baiting. Anyway the Royal Family have made an effort to ‘tone down’ a bit, but as you will know, its not gone well.
The rest of the Coronation was a little over-represented by minorities, (except for brown, and yellow ones). But you know, we’re on this little island, and we’ve coped with influxes of peoples before, and become stronger. As long as they want to be British in Britain, and not be enclaves of Mogadishu, or Kolkata, or indeed Chicago and Los Angeles (We are not the USA and we have to stop pretending we have their problems…), then we will eventually come through. The spirit of Britain is still alive and in the hearts of the quiet majority. It is lamentable though that we didn’t think what we were going to do with all these people before we invited them.
Doubt it – non-white privilege, innit?
She was having a strop because there wasn’t a token black amongst the Royals. She’s probably a Meghan fan. Is Meghan dark enough though?
And he really does want a good crowning!
Spot on Dinger. That reminds me of my Mum.
…it probably came as a shock because the ‘political correctness’ of the initial part…lots of ‘inclusivity and colours of skin’…was laid bare by the final ‘reality’…?
Well this is rousing ( 2min vid ), but there’s none in the NL.
You’ve got plenty in the UK though. Wonder if many people will turn up. Maybe share this to inform people.
https://metatron.substack.com/p/we-are-ready
Many thanks Mogs.
“Black Californians could get $1.2 million each in reparations”
Guess what I’m identifying as now..
And, just like that, I have a racist downticker. Shame on you.
Pertaining to the first article above on declining vaccine uptake, here is Steve Kirsch’s latest. But I think it’s now a moot point tbh. Why on earth would we now expect any health authority in any country to be transparent about vaccine safety? It’s a non-starter to demand it in my opinion. Just say no to all jabs, simple.
”The CDC needs to show us the data before we can answer the question “Is it safe?”
This is best done by publicly providing, for the first time in history, the individual death-vax records and vaccination records. This will then enable any member of the public to construct a summary template similar to the template described in this article. Using that template, it will be immediately obvious to everyone what is going on.
At that point, everyone will know the truth.
Wouldn’t that be nice for a change?
Until then, you should just say “No” or “Show me the data.”
And in the meantime, do everything you can to strip these “health authorities” of their emergency power. They should persuade people by the data, not by coercion.”
https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/is-it-safe
“Sheer weight of electric vehicles could sink our bridges”
1 in 20 Bridges are substandard! Easy, here’s the new mandatory council road sign!: NO ELECTRIC VEHICLES ON THIS BRIDGE.
problem solved at minimum cost!
(And another step closer to climate lockdown, two birds with one stone)
…that’s why you won’t be able to go out of your 15 minute ghetto…
stay at home..save a bridge! LOL!
“The case for slavery reparations seems to be growing louder every day.”
Well, considering aid at national level, private charities and welfare payments to immigrants, there has already been a gigantic transfer of wealth from rich world countries to Africa and people of African origin. Perhaps the best you can say about it is that, a bit like “covid vaccines”, it would have been so much worth if we hadn’t done all that (though I’m not convinced).
“Chicago gay bars boycott Anheuser-Busch as brewer shuns Dylan Mulvaney”
This gets more hilarious the deeper the rot sets in!

Damned if you do, Damned if you don’t!
One gay nightclub goer said it makes him question Budweiser’s true commitment to LRSAGMBTQ+34 rites! News flash mate, they are only committed to there bank balance,.. only this time, they screwed up bad, they never gave a flying one about your rites.Derrrr
Get over it!
My hope is that the coalition of the fringes cannot hold.
Re the Zero Hedge article…”Parents More Likely To Question Routine Childhood Vaccinations Post-COVID: Research Report”…
Well I suspect this is the ‘official’ response?
https://www.who.int/news/item/24-04-2023-global-partners-announce-a-new-effort-the-big-catch-up-to-vaccinate-millions-of-children-and-restore-immunization-progress-lost-during-the-pandemic
Global partners announce a new effort – “The Big Catch-up” – to vaccinate millions of children and restore immunization progress lost during the pandemic(24 April 2023 Joint News Release)….
and If you can stand a bit more punishment?….
https://rumble.com/v2mlwdq-chelsea-clinton-announces-the-big-catch-up-initiative-which-will-be-the.html
Chelsea Clinton Announces ‘The Big Catch-Up’ Initiative Which Will Be ‘The Largest Childhood Immunization Effort Ever’
Ah bless, the young WEF’fer asking for the cabal to be allowed to carry on un-hindered..I’m sure her parents are proud….!!
“My tweets are all moderated by my staff and have been for the last 12 years”
Watched the attached vid and – wow, where is Frazer Myers getting his data & information from to accuse Andrew Bridgen of ‘misinformation’/lying? All of Bridgen’s comments are based on data out there for anyone with a functional brain cell to check (especially the US congressional hearing stuff) yet Myers blanks it with absolutely no evidence, all in the name of The Narrative ™. Wonder how he sleeps at night….
Twitter covering this. Documents which show Myers is lying a a-gogo.
1, it is experimental – first trials still ongoing)
2, it is a gene therapy (FDA & Moderna)
BTW, MHRA told me in an FOI request that the above were not true.
Showed them the FDA papers, and asked who was lying.
No answer.
We know who was lying
Showed them the FDA papers, and asked who was lying.
No answer.
Well done Sir.
It reminded me of the Elon Musk car crash interview with the unprepared but knowing it all BBC ‘intern’.
This just seems to be the current standard of journalism and ‘journalists’.
I give him credit for showing up though, and GB News for coming up with the idea and for hosting it.
This is how it should be done with all topics, esp. Covid and climate change.
Public opinion, policies and outcomes would be very different then, of course.
Which is why such formats were and are suppressed.
Myers was absolutely slaughtered by Bridgen.
…kind of the equivalent of having your fingers in your ears and going lalala….Myers seems even more determinedly stupid..like when people ‘cut of their nose to spite their face’…
…..and really ‘conspiracy theory’ is the best he could come up with?…would that be because he actually hasn’t got a clue about anything ‘covid’ and believes the official line? I think yes, which really doesn’t show him in a good light as any sort of critical thinker….and that really is all on him, and nothing to do with Andrew Bridgend…
Yesterday in the ‘coronation’ article ATL…I tried to say how bereft I felt at the coronation of King Charles, how, after the Queen’s death, I felt robbed somehow of some ‘Englishness and tradition’ that had, forever, gone….this article in Con’ Woman, is better at conveying what I was trying to get at, and is well worth a read….
https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/what-does-our-king-stand-for-apart-from-peevish-disdain/
“My tweets are all moderated by my staff and have been for the last 12 years” – Andrew Bridgen MP reveals
They were going to nail him on something regardless. I think by even entertaining the whole twitter game Bridgen is playing by their rules, and had he chose not to quote this cardiologist the outcome would still be the same.
Of course I have much respect for the bravery and principles of Bridgen.
So when ‘sovereignty’ is signed over to the WHO, who will actually call the shots?
Aaron Kheriaty, MD
@akheriaty
1948, the WHO could accept donations only from member states. In 2005 they changed their policies to also allow for private funding. Today, only 20% of its funding comes from member states, with the other 80% from private sources, including pharmaceutical companies.
Thirteen percent of the WHO’s funding ($300 million annually) comes from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation—a larger contribution than the United State government.
The top ten donors are…
Germany…
Bill and Melinda Foundation
USA
UK
EU
GAVI
This is troubling on face value. And even more so when you realize Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is not only #2, but also heavily funds the operations of #6 (GAVI) and #9 (Rotary).
https://twitter.com/CriticalSway/status/1519554923339591682
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1655491920716603395.html
@ClareCraigPath
I have been very busy recently preparing a witness statement for the covid Public Inquiry.
rollout so I had to explain the bigger picture regarding concerns with these
.
They asked me to share details of deaths in 15-19 year olds males associated with
I said this:
https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1655307504283181056?s=20
Fraser Myers?
Good grief, another one of the frankly pig ignorant shills noncing away at ‘Spiked.’
Andrew Bridgen wiped the floor with him in this encounter.
https://www.americaoutloud.com/foia-reveals-troubling-relationship-between-hhs-cdc-the-american-college-of-obstetricians-and-gynecologists/
FOIA Reveals Troubling Relationship between HHS/CDC & the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists…
Steve Kirsch
@stkirsch
Before I write about Imperial College of London Professor@robin_shattock
I wanted to give him a chance to explain his false statement to the BBC that there is no link between the COVID vaccines and death. https://youtu.be/Izxsut-T0fU?t=290
Here’s the email I just sent which didn’t mince words. He’s not responding to me so if you can find out, please let me know. I want to highlight him in an upcoming Substack.
“Professor Shattock I am re-sending my question. I am honestly wondering if you are ignorant, stupid, or a liar per your remark on the BBC video.
Or a combination of the three.
Can you clarify for me, as I don’t want to spread disinformation.
Steve-“
Go Steve!! LOL!
Completely agree Mogs. There is no longer any need in my opinion, where the opportunity arises, to keep our opinions to ourselves – straight out with it.
Yesterday I was on a job with some colleagues, none of whom share my views on the Scamdemic and related matters, and the conversation turned to Chuckies do.
What was Penny Mordaunt doing there?
Straight out I replied, “she’s Bill Gates’ representative.”
There endeth discussions on the crowning.
