- “Barred from entering the U.S., what’s next for Novak Djokovic?” – As things stand, the world number 1 will not be permitted to compete in the U.S. owing to his vaccination status, the Times reports.
- “Calls for full investigation as Irish death rates spikes: ‘It’s very, very serious’” – Michael Staines in Newstalk says Ireland needs a full investigation into a spike in the number of deaths registered around the country in recent weeks.
- “‘We Failed’: Danish Newspaper Apologises For Its Covid Coverage” – One of Denmark’s largest newspapers has apologized for its journalistic failure during the pandemic by only publishing official Government messages without questioning them, reports Jon Miltimore for FEE.
- “The rise of the johnny-come-lately anti-vaxxer” – It never seems to occur to ‘semi-vaxxers’ who’ve had “only two” jabs but refuse any more that they are “about as credible to a real anti-vaxxer as a dirty vegan to a fruitarian”, writes Melissa Kite in the Spectator.
- “Returning to COVID-19” – Dr. Malcolm Kendrick asks whether we have our priorities straight.
- “It Was Always Clear Masks Don’t Work In Stopping Respiratory Viruses” – William M. Briggs on the latest Cochrane review that confirms the uselessness of facemasks.
- “The EU officially puts bugs on the menu” – Crickets and mealworm larvae have been approved for human consumption, reports Thomas Fazi in UnHerd.
- “The real climate crisis is sinister ideology” – Watch the new video from Climate Debate U.K., “Why there is no ‘climate crisis’“, featured by Ben Pile in TCW.
- “Investments in wind energy are down – Europe must get market design and green industrial policy right” – WindEurope reports that investments in wind energy in Europe fell in 2022, with new orders for new wind turbines down 47% on 2021.
- “What’s going on with the Higher Education (Freedom of Speech) Bill?” – Josh Freeman writes for HEPI with a handy update.
- “Go Woke, Go Broke: Paperchase Goes Into Administration” – Stationery giant Paperchase has fallen into administration, having failed to find a buyer for its 106 shops across the country, and wokery-pokery is to blame, says Guido.
- “Peter Hitchens: the Covid censors are moving on to Ukraine” – UnHerd speaks to Peter Hitchens, who sees the same hardline censorship beginning to happen with Ukraine as happened with Covid.
- “Where are the adults in the room? The concocted mental health crisis in our universities” – When did universities become the devouring mother stifling her children with safety, asks Felice Basbøll in the New Taboo.
- “UN human rights lawyer who said ‘superficial’ is a ‘racial trope’ in attack on No.10 also claimed racism ’causes global warming’, motherhood ‘sustains white supremacy’ and accused an Apple worker trying to sell an iPhone of ‘mansplaining’” – Woke-as-they-come lawyer Dominique Day chaired a working group of experts on people of African descent which said there had been a failure to tackle ‘systemic’ racism in the U.K., reports the Mail.
- “Free Speech Union says it plans to challenge PayPal censorship with regulators” – PayPal ignored all correspondence so the FSU is escalating, reports Reclaim the Net.
- “Mother sues son’s school for saying he had to take part in LGBT parade” – Izzy Montagu said she was told by the Headteacher of Heavers Farm Primary School in South Norwood that her son could not opt out of the event in June 2018 – so now they’re going to court, reports the Mail.
- “Your Chance to Win with The Free Press” – Get involved with the Free Press giveaway.
- “Origins of the Covid Narrative: Clearing the Fog of War” – Join the upcoming PANDA Twitter Space on Sunday February 5th at 8pm.
If you have any tips for inclusion in the round-up, email us here.
Profanity and abuse will be removed and may lead to a permanent ban.