This is the 35th of the round-ups of Covid vaccine safety reports and news compiled by a group of medical doctors who are monitoring developments but prefer to remain anonymous in the current climate (find the 34th one here). By no means is this part of an effort to generate alarm about the vaccines or dissuade anyone from getting inoculated. It should be read in conjunction with the Daily Sceptic‘s other posts on vaccines, which include both encouraging and not so encouraging developments. At the Daily Sceptic we report all the news about the vaccines whether positive or negative and give no one advice about whether they should or should not take them. Unlike with lockdowns, we are neither pro-vaccine nor anti-vaccine; we see our job as reporting the facts, not advocating for or against a particular policy. The vaccine technology is novel and the vaccines have not yet fully completed their trials, which is why they’re in use under temporary and not full market authorisation. This was done on account of the emergency situation and the trial data was largely encouraging on both efficacy and safety. For a summary of that data, see this preamble to the Government’s page on the Yellow Card reporting system. (Dr. Tess Lawrie in June 2021 wrote an open letter to Dr. June Raine, head of the MHRA, arguing that: “The MHRA now has more than enough evidence on the Yellow Card system to declare the COVID-19 vaccines unsafe for use in humans,” a claim that has been ‘fact checked’ here.) Boris Johnson said in October 2021 that being double vaccinated “doesn’t protect you against catching the disease, and it doesn’t protect you against passing it on”. We publish information and opinion to inform public debate and help readers reach their own conclusions about what is best for them, based on the available data.
- A CDC study in the Lancet discusses negative outcomes related to myocarditis 90 days after Covid vaccination in adolescents and young people.
- Dr. Aseem Malhotra’s two-part study highlights the lack of informed consent for the Covid vaccines.
- Large numbers of papers are now being published describing adverse outcomes from COVID-19 vaccines:
- A case of juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA)-associated anterior uveitis after receiving the Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine.
- A case of acute macular neuroretinopathy (AMN) in a 23-year-old Caucasian female after a COVID-19 vaccination (Vaxzevria/AstraZeneca).
- Adverse ocular (eye) events following COVID‑19 vaccination.
- A discussion of a year of evidence of ocular complications following vaccination for COVID-19.
- A case of first episode psychosis following COVID-19 vaccination.
- An autopsy report on a case of multifocal necrotising encephalitis and myocarditis after Pfizer vaccination.
- Menstrual cycle disturbances.
- Study shows mRNA from COVID-19 vaccinations can be detected in breast milk.
- The U.S. CDC is conducting surveys of patients (or their parents or guardians) and healthcare providers to gather information about myocarditis after COVID-19 vaccination.
- The Children’s Health Defense reports on CDC data showing more than 1,000 adverse events after COVD-19 vaccination in children aged five and younger.
- Study states that COVID-19 mRNA vaccines should be classified as pharmaceutical drugs to allow them to be properly evaluated and used.
- Discussion of two studies showing the value of natural immunity versus vaccine-induced immunity.
- Analysis of the flaws in the studies and reporting on Long Covid.
- Swiss study finds evidence of cardiac injury across all mRNA vaccinated people.
- Eudravigilance – the European version of the Yellow Card Reporting system – as of October 22nd has reported 5,041,420 reactions from 2,097,531 reports of which 2,243,744 were deemed as serious. 48,537 fatal reactions were reported with an approximate actual number of deaths being 14,768. This is due to a 3.29 reporting rate in fatalities across multiple reactions.
- VAERS – the American version of the Yellow Card reporting system – as of October 7th reports a total of 1,437,273 reports of adverse events following Covid vaccines, including 31,470 deaths and 263,909 serious injuries. For children up to the age of 17 there have been 56,925 reports, of which 5,248 were deemed serious and 162 fatalities.
- DAEN Australia – the equivalent of the Yellow Card reporting system – has logged (up to October 9th) 136,289 reports of adverse events, including 941 deaths.
- Children (Under 18) Adverse Events U.K. – up to September 28th, the MHRA reports a total of 4,459 adverse event reports, comprising 4,121 Pfizer, 266 AstraZeneca, 37 Moderna and 35 unspecified from 4,213,700 children vaccinated with 7,326,900 doses. This includes 83 reported cases with Pfizer of myocarditis/pericarditis, suggesting a current reported risk of 12 cases per million first doses and 9 per million second doses for this age group.
- Booster Doses – 52,615 adverse events have been reported across all vaccines up to October 7th from 40,453,549 people vaccinated.
Summary of Adverse Events in the U.K.
According to an updated report, as of September 28th the MHRA Yellow Card reporting system has recorded a total of 1,517,540 events based on 464,072 reports. The total number of fatalities reported is 2,272.
Reported adverse events are not necessarily caused by the vaccine and further investigation is required to establish causality. The MHRA has previously estimated that the Yellow Card reporting rate may be approximately 10% of actual figures. Note that sometimes in Yellow Card reporting, the numbers of adverse events (including fatalities) will be lower than the previous week. The Yellow Card system is a passive reporting system, so in theory this should not happen as all reports should be cumulative. However, the MHRA says it analyses the data prior to publication, with deaths and pregnancy conditions being notably investigated. It does not state criteria by which reports would be removed and to date has not clarified why these data vary. It is therefore unclear how many reported adverse events have been removed from the reports since reporting began in February 2021.
- Blood Disorders = 27,901
- Anaphylaxis = 1,659
- Acute Cardiac = 29,332
- Eye Disorders = 25,199
- Blindness = 554
- Deafness = 823
- Infections = 36,956
- Spontaneous Abortions = 821 miscarriages
- Gastrointestinal Disorders = 137,427
- Nervous System Disorders = 290,511
- Headaches & Migrainesm= 141,320
- Nausea & Vomitingm= 74,433
- Paralysis = 1,592
- Seizures = 3,622
- Tremor = 13,129
- Respiratory Disorders = 57,674
- Strokes and CNS haemorrhages = 3,363
- Psychiatric Disorders = 32,095
- Skin Disorders = 103,340
- Reproductive/Breast Disorders = 58,171
- Vascular Disorders = 23,505
Further analysis can be found via the U.K. Freedom Project.
Profanity and abuse will be removed and may lead to a permanent ban.