This is the 19th of the round-ups of Covid vaccine safety reports and news compiled by a group of medical doctors who are monitoring developments but prefer to remain anonymous in the current climate (find the 18th one here). By no means is this part of an effort to generate alarm about the vaccines or dissuade anyone from getting inoculated. It should be read in conjunction with the Daily Sceptic‘s other posts on vaccines, which include both encouraging and not so encouraging developments. At the Daily Sceptic we report all the news about the vaccines whether positive or negative and give no one advice about whether they should or should not take them. Unlike with lockdowns, we are neither pro-vaccine nor anti-vaccine; we see our job as reporting the facts, not advocating for or against a particular policy. The vaccine technology is novel and the vaccines have not yet fully completed their trials, which is why they’re in use under temporary and not full market authorisation. This has been done on account of the emergency situation and the trial data was largely encouraging on both efficacy and safety. For a summary of that data, see this preamble to the Government’s page on the Yellow Card reporting system. (Dr Tess Lawrie in June wrote an open letter to Dr June Raine, head of the MHRA, arguing that: “The MHRA now has more than enough evidence on the Yellow Card system to declare the COVID-19 vaccines unsafe for use in humans,” a claim that has been ‘fact checked’ here.) Boris Johnson said in October that being double vaccinated “doesn’t protect you against catching the disease, and it doesn’t protect you against passing it on”. We publish information and opinion to inform public debate and help readers reach their own conclusions about what is best for them, based on the available data.
- In Scotland an investigation has been launched into an abnormal spike in newborn baby deaths.
- Doctors in France have warned against vaccinating healthy children.
- A study has suggested that Covid vaccines may only affect the menstrual cycles of women using contraception.
- A study has shown that Covid vaccines could cause autoimmune thyroid disease
- The European Medicines Agency (EMA) has said it is assessing reports of capillary leak syndrome following the Moderna vaccine.
- A further study has concluded that mRNA vaccines dramatically increase inflammation in cardiac muscle and may account for the observations of increased thrombosis, cardiomyopathy, and other vascular events following vaccination.
- A case report of myocarditis in a 19 year-old man after his second Covid vaccination has been published in the Annals of Internal Medicine.
- Taiwan has banned the second Pfizer vaccine for children aged 12-17 following concerns of myocarditis.
- Daniel Horowitz reports on 10 countries where data suggests the vaccines have failed.
- It has come to light that more people died in the Pfizer vaccine trial than the company originally reported.
- Hong Kong has authorised China’s Sinovac vaccine for children aged three years and over.
- Austria has become the first European country to make the Covid vaccines mandatory.
- There have been calls for an urgent enquiry after Office for National Statistics data showed there were 20,823 more deaths than average since July, of which only 11,531 involved Covid.
- VAERS – the American version of the Yellow Card reporting system – released new data on November 12th bringing the total to 894,145 reports of adverse events following Covid vaccines, including 18,853 deaths and 139,126 serious injuries.
- DAEN Australia – the equivalent of the Yellow Card reporting system – has logged (up to November 10th) 80,966 reports of adverse events, including 656 deaths.
- Eudravigilance – the European version of the Yellow Card system – has reported (up to November 12th) 2,859,586 reactions, from 1,181,121 reports, including 31,014 deaths.
- Children (Under 18) Adverse Events U.K. – up to November 10th, MHRA report a total of 1,875 adverse event reports, comprising 1,628 Pfizer, 236 AstraZeneca (with a reporting rate of one Yellow Card per 49 doses), five Moderna and six unspecified.
- Booster Doses – up to November 10th a total of 7,129 adverse events have been reported across all vaccines.
Summary of Adverse Events in the U.K.
According to an updated report published on November 19th, the MHRA Yellow Card reporting system has recorded a total of 1,271,009 events based on 386,517 reports. The total number of fatalities reported is 1,784.
- Pfizer (24.2 million first doses, 20.6 million second doses) now has one Yellow Card in 185 people vaccinated. Deaths: 1 in 39,607 people vaccinated (611).
- AstraZeneca (24.8 million first doses, 24.1 million second doses) has one Yellow Card in 105 people vaccinated. Deaths: 1 in 22,103 people vaccinated (1,122).
- Moderna (1.5 million first doses, 1.3 million second doses) has one Yellow Card in 85 people vaccinated. Deaths: 1 in 78,947 people vaccinated (19).
Overall, one in every 131 people vaccinated (0.76%) have experienced a Yellow Card adverse event. The MHRA has previously estimated that the Yellow Card reporting rate may be approximately 10% of actual figures.
- Thrombosis/Embolism (All types)= 7,391
- Anaphylaxis = 1,427
- Acute Cardiac = 17,753
- Herpes = 4,468
- Blindness = 439
- Deafness = 633
- Spontaneous Abortions = 626 miscarriages + 17 foetal deaths
- Migraines & Headaches = 125,498
- Central Nervous System Haemorrhage (Stroke) = 2,745
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome = 529
- Facial Paralysis incl. Bell’s Palsy = 1,844
- Vertigo/Tinnitus = 10,338
- Seizures = 3,006
- Paralysis = 1,226
- Tremor = 11,732
- Epistaxis (Nosebleeds) = 3,198
- Reproductive/Breast Disorders = 46,414
Further analysis can be found via the UK Freedom Project.
Profanity and abuse will be removed and may lead to a permanent ban.