- “The NHS is collapsing. These figures prove it” – Michael Simmons in the Spectator says it’s taking patients longer to get to hospital and longer to get treatment. “In July, ambulances responded to more than 85,000 Category 1 calls (an immediate threat to life, a heart attack or a sudden lack of breath). That’s two-thirds higher than July 2020 and the highest figure ever recorded.”
- “Post-lockdown health continues to suffer” – In a leading article the Telegraph argues the current wave of excess non-Covid deaths is mainly due to withdrawal of healthcare access during the lockdowns and says the public inquiry into the handling of the pandemic “needs to establish whether lockdown triggered an even bigger public health calamity”.
- “Who’s afraid of the big bad monkeypox?” – Dr. Roger Watson in TCW Defending Freedom points out there are still no deaths outside Africa associated with this confected ‘public health emergency’.
- “You Are the Terrorist” – Samira Kawash in Compact Magazine draws parallels with the persistence of over-the-top airport security following 9/11 and says while the urgency of Covid has faded, in many places the protocols of bio-security persist.
- “CDC Admits It Gave False Information About COVID-19 Vaccine Surveillance” – The Epoch Times reports that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is admitting it gave false information about COVID-19 vaccine surveillance, including inaccurately saying it conducted a certain type of analysis over one year before it actually did.
- “The return of polio exposes the folly of mass Covid vaccination for children” – Polio’s effects in children are severe – yet the rush to completely shut down Covid may hinder our ability to counter the old disease, argues Robert Dingwall in the Telegraph.
- “Hong Kong suffers record fall in population as people flee Zero-Covid curbs” – The city lost 113,200 residents in the year to June, according to the Telegraph.
- “Shame of the medical quislings who connived with the Covid State” – Paul Collits in TCW Defending Freedom on the persecution of dissenting doctors Downunder.
- “Did Lockdowns Turn Americans Into Lazy Bums?” – Jeffrey A. Tucker in Brownstone says that if governments say that the work ethic amounts to nothing but pathogenic spread, and we can all contribute more by staying home and doing less, it’s hard to go back.
- “How Britain’s ‘frenemies’ are helping Putin’s Russia” – Damien Phillips in the Spectator on the supposed Western allies propping up Putin.
- “Lord Frost says Britain should end focus on ‘medieval’ wind power” – The former Brexit negotiator, who is backing Liz Truss for the Tory leadership, hit out at a “totally unrealistic approach to climate and energy policy” over the past two decades, according to the Mail.
- “Water woes: who’s to blame for the shortages?” – It’s not climate change, it’s mismanagement, says Ross Clark in the Speccie.
- “Liz Truss: No windfall tax on energy companies” – The Foreign Secretary pledged to lift the ban on fracking at the Telegraph Tory leadership hustings.
- “The BTP should stick to policing not trans rights” – Debbie Hayton in the Spectator asks if people who are sceptical about trans rights are welcome in the police force.
- “NHS still hiring diversity managers, despite No. 10 pledge” – MailOnline found five job ads for diversity roles in NHS organisations based in Doncaster, Surrey, Sheffield, the south of England, and Cornwall, with some roles paying up to £76,000.
- “Globe Theatre makes Joan of Arc non-binary in new play” – The Telegraph reports that the artistic director argues that “theatres do not deal with historical reality” as a campaign group says women are “tired of being erased” – while the rest of us say we’re tired of woke nonsense no one wants to watch.
- “Tom Daley and the woke ‘noble savage’” – Blaming colonialism for modern-day homophobia treats Commonwealth countries like children, says Julie Burchill in Spiked.
- “The rise of the woke cult coincides with the decline of Christianity” – Toby speaks to Mark Steyn on GB News on Christianity being cancelled.
If you have any tips for inclusion in the round-up, email us here.
Profanity and abuse will be removed and may lead to a permanent ban.