Following a drone strike in Syria that killed Iranian officials, Iran has retaliated by launching a large-scale attack on Israel, raising concern worldwide about the possibility of a wider conflict in the region. The Mail has more.
Hamas has gloated about last night’s devastating attack on Israel by Iran which led to a seven year-old girl being seriously injured – calling it a “deserved response”.
It comes after Israel said it “foiled” Iran’s unprecedented attack on its country and revealed 120 ballistic missiles along with 200 drones were used.
Last night, innocent civilians were forced to flee to bomb shelters across the nation.
Iran sent the salvo of missiles in response to a drone strike at the beginning of April in Syria that killed 12 Iranians, including two top generals.
This morning, Hamas said in a statement: “We in Hamas regard the military operation conducted by the Islamic Republic of Iran a natural right and a deserved response on the crime of targeting the Iranian consulate in Damascus and the assassination of several leaders of the Revolutionary Guards,” the Times of Israel reports.
The Israeli military today said that Iran’s unprecedented overnight attack on Israel has been “foiled” with hundreds of missiles and drones intercepted with the help of the United States and allies.
Reports in Israel suggested RAF and U.S. warplanes had shot down some Israel-bound Iranian drones over the Iraq-Syria border area amid the attack. But Victoria Atkins has said she is “not in a position to confirm or deny” whether British jets have already shot down Iranian drones.
The attack, which began late yesterday, marks a major escalation of the long-running covert war between the regional foes, and comes against the backdrop of the ongoing war between Israel and Palestinian militant group Hamas in the Gaza Strip.
A seven year-old girl from a Bedouin town near Arad was injured by falling shrapnel at around 2am and is in serious condition “fighting for her life” at Soroka Hospital in Beersheba, the Times of Israel reported.
The medical centre confirmed she is now in the hospital’s paediatric intensive care unit receiving treatment for a major head wound.
Iran today warned Israel of a larger attack if it retaliates against the overnight drone and missile assault – adding that it has warned the U.S. not to back Israeli military action. It said any “reckless” Israeli move will prompt “stronger response”.
Speaking to Sky News, spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Peter Lerner said the IDF is “poised and prepared” and will decide whether it will retaliate in a meeting later today. He said it is “extremely tense” and its aerial defences remain on “high alert”.
Iran“s proxies and allies also carried out coordinated attacks on Israeli positions as sirens sounded in many places and with blasts heard in the skies above Jerusalem early Sunday.
Iran had repeatedly threatened to retaliate against Israel for a deadly April 1st air strike on its Damascus consular building, and Washington had warned in recent days that the reprisals were imminent.
Late yesterday, the Israeli army said Iran had launched a “massive swarm of over 200 killer drones, ballistic missiles and cruise missiles”.
The army said it had scrambled dozens of fighter jets to intercept “all aerial threats”, and was working with the U.S. and other allies to stop the launches.
People in Jerusalem sought cover, while some residents stockpiled water. …
Earlier today, the Israeli army said that 99% of the launches had been intercepted.
None of the drones and cruise missiles that were launched towards Israel had entered its territory, Hagari said, and “only a few” ballistic missiles reached Israel.
“The Iranian attack was foiled,” military spokesman Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari said in a televised statement.
U.S. President Joe Biden reiterated Washington’s “ironclad” support for Israel after an urgent meeting with his top security officials on the spiralling crisis.
Leaders from the G7 will hold a video conference later today to discuss the Iranian strikes on Israel, according to Italy – which holds the rotating presidency of the group of developed nations.
“The Italian presidency of the G7 has summoned G7 leaders for a video conference early this afternoon”, the Government said. The G7 groups the United States, Japan, Germany, France, Britain, Italy and Canada. …
The Iranian army has said its attack “achieved all its objectives”.
Mohammad Bagheri, the Iranian armed forces’ Chief of sSaff, told state TV: “Operation Honest Promise was completed successfully from last night to this morning and achieved all its objectives.”
Worth reading in full.
Stop Press: It’s hard to imagine Iran’s much-anticipated attack on Israel going any worse for the Islamic Republic, says Lazar Berman in the Times of Israel.
To join in with the discussion please make a donation to The Daily Sceptic.
Profanity and abuse will be removed and may lead to a permanent ban.
IF there’s not room for VIP lanes for deals it won’t happen.
These Hobgoblin scares are there purely to let the political classes enrich themselves at taxpayer expense and put us in our place.
Do they follow the rules they set for us when the MSM tell them they’ve stopped filming? Nope!
What has disgusted me from the moment his farce began back in March 2020 is the total failure of bodies like NICE, who are meant to implement health economics in the UK, to speak out on this. The irrational and immoral privileging of a few months of a nonagenarian life, over the well being of children, is not only universally ethically rotten, it goes against NICE’s basic role. And they said nothing at all.
Everyone we pay to look after our health failed. And it’s worsening – our health bureaucracy is now solidly behind literally sacrificing children’s lives, for the greater good.
‘for the greater good’ of pharma and the politicians that they bribe.
Boris will be getting millions in back handers in due course.
There is enough evidence out there now to show that there were no benefits to anything they did regarding Covid. None of it has made any difference to the outcome. At least for the majority
Yes. But they won’t countenance it. They are so deeply embedded in the International Groupthink that they will never accept the evidence.
“None of it has made any difference to the outcome.” not quite true – I think a few more elderly died sooner than expected in the care homes.
The more I read about covid and related matters the more I realise that the narrative provided by SAGE people doesn’t stack up whereas that provided by scientific experts in the relevant fields does.
‘SAGE COVID-19 register of participants’ interests is very interesting, ie how many Honorary and connections to the Pharma industry
I twigged when I looked at the actual numbers from the Diamond Princess cruise ship back in early April 2020.
The raw data showed all of the serious cases among the elderly passengers and non among the working age crew was a clear indicator that Covid is dangerous for the infirm but not for healthy adults.
That combined with a cruise ship being the ideal place for a virus to spread proved that cv-19 was a minor issue right from the start, even for the oldies.
No sh#t sherlock
more studies of the bleedingly obvious.
No one ever got poor by pointing out the bleeding obvious.
There are considerable benefits to certain people and organisations from lockdowns; the virus is just a convenient vehicle for the sociopaths to carry through their agenda. The Untermensch matter not in the slightest in their calculations.
The crippling, unaffordable cost is one of the points. You can’t Build Back Better until you’ve destroyed the Old Normal.
Try recategorising lockdowns as an economic instrument, then decide if they are effective. I don’t think they’re about stopping anything other than economic activity.
Deliberate wrecking of the economy? Seems feasible. Glancing through some old papers given me for the chickens (they are keen readers), I see
a Nov 29 Times piece headlined “Third of manufacturers close to tipping point” due to lockdown debt, staff shortages, inflation and supply problems. I can’t imagine constantly being threatened with more pingde ic and lockdowns-by-other-names is helping these guys.
Pushed into bankruptcy by parasites that have never done a days honest work in their lives..
and still they claim “deaths prevented” as a benefit when we can be sure there were no deaths prevented except in Professor Pantsdown’s fantasy world.
Good work being done into death research here by Denis Rancourt
Jerm Warfare With Denis Rancourt – No Evidence Of A Pandemic
https://www.bitchute.com/video/fQmwzC3JiFQY/
When something is built on lies.. only further lies can maintain its existence..
For your disbelieving friends show them this chart from the BMJ.. it say’s it all..
There never was a pandemic.. EVER!!!!
“just think how bad it would have been without the lockdowns/masks/hysteria” they’ll say.
they do say
Yes they do – repeatedly!
Along with “lives saved” numbers based on Imperial fantasy modelling.
But it wasn’t, Belarus has proved this.
My boss has told me to prepare for a Christmas lockdown. The Guardianistas apparently think the scheduled 18th Dec press conference will be when it is announced.
Help me, I honestly don’t know if I can take this bullshit today.
I don’t think they will lockdown Christmas, possibly January. That said I’m not sure the treasury will go along with it any more. The economy will literally collapse if we do this again.
Await more useless measures like rule of 6.
A collapse is the end goal.. its just that the perpetrators don’t want to be seen implicated with its cause..
Here’s one who’ll be taking no notice whatsoever of what comes out of the puppetry..
We’re nowhere near the situation of last year, especially wrt hospitalizations and deaths. All which is happening at the moment is winter with an endemic virus and a mass testing machinery not fit for any purpose save generating fake COVID case stats doing just that. Also, Boris latest masking decree essentially fell through: Yes, use of masks has regrown to frightening proportions but no, it’s not being enforced anywhere, not even to the point of asking people if they’re excempt.
There’s some ground for cautious optimism.
except Salford!
Vaccines for 5-11 year-olds and recommended home-working are among the new rules.
Twenty-five cases of the Omicron variant have now been identified in France
This is France.. right next door.. taking full advantage of OMACRON.
Read this below and weep. If anybody thinks this will not be tried in UK they’re smoking hopium..
https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/France-announces-six-new-Covid-measures-in-bid-to-combat-fifth-wave
Of course they won’t have factored in all the future deaths and illness that will come about as the jabs do their work.
This Xmas, can you give your body to big pharma? They need you now, more than ever.
Sorry. Can’t hear you (because I have put my fingers in my ears). Just sticking to the narrative and wearing both my masks. Na na na na na.
Hope you are wearing a plastic visor as well as two masks. You can’t be too careful!
Incidentally, I saw someone walking around the local town centre yesterday wearing blue plastic gloves as well as a mask – don’y see them very often now as they seem to no longer be part of the recommended Covidian ritual garb.
Honestly its time to take the science into our own hands, and seize power and control for ourselves.