Clear all

Flu jab 2021

17 Posts
10 Users
9 Likes
Topic starter
(@jane-g)
Reputable Member

Who's getting this? I mean, those who do not normally bother?

Those monuments to Truth JVT and G. Shapps assure us that we are at greater risk of flu this year because of all the months of social distancing. (Yeah - whose fault is that?!)

Haven't personally had flu for 20 years, and have done my best to mix, which is difficult when no one wants unjabbed people like me in their groups. 

Now I'm torn.

Tempted to go for it, just this once, but can recall a study last year that implied that those who had had a flu jab were at slightly increased risk of C19. On the other hand, flu jabs are not that effective.

What are others planning to do?

16 Replies
(@fourth_horseman)

I’m in a quandary as well, I usually pay for the seasonal flu jab at a Boots/ Sainsbury’s/ pharmacy, but this year I don’t know who to trust, apparently this year the seasonal flu jab isn’t using egg yoke, is that significant? 

4 Replies
(@ewloe)

@fourth_horseman 

> I don’t know who to trust

you are spreading fear, uncertainty and boubt: my advice: be quiet.

(@fourth_horseman)

@ewloe I am not spreading anything, this is a the daily sceptic forum,  it is a genuine concern, no need to finger wag and patronise me.

(@jane-g)

Reputable Member

@fourth_horseman 

I hadn't heard that, and have no idea whether the use of egg yolk makes any difference (perhaps to vegans?)

I'm not suspecting anything sinister. It's just I'm not inclined to listen to anything the medical authorities have to say since this is a mess largely of their making.

Sounds like you normally do have a flu jab - did you have it last year, when supposedly flu disappeared?

(@fourth_horseman)

@jane-g Yes took it privately last year in September,  treated it same as other years, nobody knows what the season ahead will be like and the pharmacist always says  there could be different strains.

(@sunjor)

Have been eligible for a few years not had it so far, had flu once and it wasn't pleasant but am reluctant so far so know how you feel fourth horseman.

(@partytime)

I know they say it's for the over 50s but in my experience GP surgeries will give it to anybody who asks after they have done most of the over 50s. For a while I used to have it every year but haven't bothered for a long time now.

(@splattt)

There's no data to suggest flu jabbed people are more likely to contract SARs2.

We have no real idea of this years Flu vaccine efficacy either.  It might be rubbish OR it might be great.

Its the same formula as always so tried and tested over decades.

If you're in a risk group, no reason not to get it.

1 Reply
(@mummyfunk)

@splattt may well be the tried n tested this year.. but beware for next ?

mRNA flu shots move into trials

Page 1 / 3
Share:
March 2024
M T W T F S S
Free Speech Union

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Please note: To be able to comment on our articles you'll need to be a registered donor

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.